CIS is offering free CIS SecureSuite Membership to US State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial (SLTT) governments in the United States. Examples of US SLTTs include:
- Public universities and schools
- Local law enforcement agencies
- State government offices
- Local governments (cities and counties)
- Public airports, authorities and utilities
CIS SecureSuite Membership provides organizations around the world access to a collection of integrated cybersecurity resources such as CIS-CAT Pro Assessor and Dashboard, remediation content, and more. The resources help users evaluate and apply secure configuration settings to laptops, servers, network devices, and more.
This webinar is intended to familiarize US SLTT CIS SecureSuite Members with the rights and benefits of membership. We’ll show you how to access the resources and make the most of your membership including:
CIS WorkBench – The central hub for CIS Benchmark development and access to member only resources like CIS-CAT Pro, remediation content, benchmarks in various formats and participation in community discussions
1. CIS-CAT Pro Assessor – CIS-CAT Pro Assessor is our premier configuration assessment tool that scans a target system and compares the system’s settings to the recommended configurations within the CIS Benchmark for that technology. Most technologies can have hundreds of possible configurations, so reviewing them with CIS-CAT Pro can save you serious time when compared to a manual analysis.Once the scan is complete, CIS-CAT Pro provides a report (available in multiple formats) showing how the system assessed performed against the benchmark – providing an overall score as well as test results for each check and remediation steps for noncompliant settings.
2. CIS-CAT Pro Dashboard – CIS-CAT Pro Dashboard is the companion tool to CIS-CAT Pro Assessor. CIS-CAT Pro Dashboard consumes XML assessment reports and displays the results in an easy-to-read chart which shows compliance over time. CIS-CAT Pro Dashboard also provides “tagging” functionality to allow users who are assessing multiple machines with CIS-CAT Pro to separate, sort and view assessment results by group (such as by department or by specific security requirements). CIS-CAT Pro Dashboard also offers a “CIS Controls View” of assessment results, giving you insight into your system’s security when aligned with the CIS Controls.
3. Remediation Kits – Available to all CIS SecureSuite Members, remediation kits (GPOs, Linux scripts, etc) quickly apply the recommended CIS Benchmark settings to a target system. After you’ve run CIS-CAT Pro and you know which system configurations are vulnerable, it’s time to make corrections. You can address misconfigurations manually (with steps provided in each CIS-CAT Pro Assessor HTML report), or apply one of our automated remediation kits.
Visit the below link to register for this webinar on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. EST.